The well-being of Schoharie County Veterans has always been a priority for us in Schoharie County. In an effort to acknowledge the sacrifices of our Veterans who have given so much for home and country, the Office of the County Clerk created the Schoharie County Veterans’ Discount Program (also known as “Return The Favor”), with the help of the Schoharie County Veterans’ Agency and the Schoharie County Chamber of Commerce.
The program is intended to encourage our Veterans to file their DD-214 in the County Clerk’s Office and, under this exciting program, honorably discharged Veterans will receive a photo ID card from the County Clerk’s Office. Veterans may then use this card to receive discounts from participating area merchants for services, merchandise, and other benefits.
Office hours for this program will be 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Picture ID required
- Honorably Discharged Veterans with DD-214 – original or copy
- Printed version of the electronic form of DD-214
- Retired Veteran Card
- DD-214 that is filed in another county
Discount Program rules and conditions:
- Cardholder must present their photo ID card to receive a discount from merchants.
- Discounts are only available to the cardholder.
- Discounts may change or cease at any time at the discretion of the participating merchant; some discounts have exclusions and/or limitations to purchases or services.
We are very grateful to the businesses who have agreed to participate in this program. To see a list of all businesses offering discounts, please click here.
Schoharie County Business Owners:
We are continuously accepting new merchant applications. To join this program, please click here. The application can be mailed in, or faxed to 518-295-8338.
For more information you may call us at : 518-295-8316
We’re located at:
County Office Building, Room 130
284 Main Street
Schoharie, NY 12157