to Qualify for an Unrestricted Concealed Carry Permit
Pistol License Application Process:
You may obtain an application online or at Sheriff’s Office located at 157 Depot Lane, Schoharie, New York 12157 between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
You must meet the following qualifications:
- Must Have a residence in Schoharie County.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- No criminal conviction which prohibits possession of firearms.
- Must have four character references who are residents of Schoharie County.
- Character references should have known you for AT LEAST SIX (6) MONTHS. They MUST SIGN both applications in person and give their physical address AND their mailing address if different. They MUST use BLACK INK.
- Character references should NOT BE your relatives, related to each other, or employees of any Law Enforcement Agency.
- Must attend the Handgun Safety Course provided by Schoharie County Sheriff’s Office.
*** Please include proof of Recertification with Supplemental and Unrestricted Pistol License applications.
When all application paperwork has been completed, call (518) 295-2226 to make an appointment to process the application. At the time of your appointment, there will be fingerprints taken. Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Paperwork must be completed in black ink or typed
- You MUST complete TWO applications, Both must be individually signed by the Applicant and individually Notarized
- $87.00 U.S. Postal Money Order payable to SCSO LIVE SCAN ESCROW
- $5.00 U.S. Postal Money Order payable to SCHOHARIE COUNTY SHERIFF
- Photo ID required
Pistol License Fees:
|New Application S.C.S.O. Processing||$ 5.00|
|New Application N.Y.S.D.C.J.S. / F.B.I. Processing of fingerprints||$ 87.00|
|Transfer Out of Schoharie County (must have two money orders)||$ 5.00 each|
|Dealer License||$ 10.00|
|Gunsmith License||$ 10.00|
|Dealer/Gunsmith License||$ 20.00|